About Gecko Yoga
Our passion lies in yoga education and sharing the power of yoga with everyBODY, regardless of age or ability.
We are very proud to be the first internationally accredited Children’s Yoga Teacher Training School in Hong Kong and Asia with the Gecko Yoga 95-hour Yoga Teacher Training.
We also offer a 200-hour Spectrum of Care Yoga Teacher Training & the 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Training, as well as the Gecko Yoga for Schools Programme.
As a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists, Gecko Yoga also offers Yoga Therapy workshops, classes and continuing education courses. This adaptation and application of Yoga techniques and practices helps individuals (adults and children alike) facing health challenges at any level by restoring balance, increasing vitality, and improving attitude.
Gecko Yoga® has a dedicated yoga space called the Gecko Yoga Academy. Our school and sanctuary offers classes, events, workshops and teacher trainings that bring wisdom, health, wellness, & community care for everyBODY.
We are a Hong Kong Yoga School registered and fully accredited with the Yoga Alliance USA & Yoga Australia as a specialist teacher training provider and a Registered Yoga School for Children’s Yoga.
We offer a range of teacher training courses, from 200hr Adults Yoga, 95hr Children’s Yoga and 85hr Prenatal Yoga.
Founder & Lead Trainer
E-RYT200, E-RYT500, RPYT, RCYT, C-IAYT, AAYT, Level 2 member of Yoga Australia.
Jenny Smith is the Founder of Gecko Yoga and has been leading yoga classes to support everyBODY for over a decade. From family yoga, children’s yoga, pre and postnatal yoga, her adaptive practices, of restorative and therapeutic yoga and mindfulness, have been the key ingredient in her classes and presentations to welcome any stage of practitioner at any age.
As a certified yoga teacher trainer, Jenny has written all her own programmes, including the Children’s Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga for Schools Programme and 200 hour spectrum of Care Yoga Teacher Training.
Additionally, Jenny is a certified Yoga Therapist (C-IAYT), Pre & Post-natal yoga teacher (RPYT), Active Birth workshop instructor, Mindfulness, Restorative & Yin Yoga Teacher. Also certified in Thai Yoga Massage and Reiki.
Her mission is to positively impact the lives of as many children and their families as possible, to provide them with a strong foundation in a healthy lifestyle that lasts their entire lives.
Yoga has been a part of Anna’s life since moving to Hong Kong 10 years ago. With a background in dance from a young age, she thought yoga would be an interesting physical practice to help her regain some lost flexibility. The first step onto the mat revealed that yoga had so much to offer and proved to be so much more than a physical practice over the years.
A former Primary school teacher at The Harbour School, after welcoming her young daughter, Anna is now pursuing a career teaching children’s yoga. Anna completed her 95 hour Children’s Yoga Teacher Training with Gecko Yoga in 2016 and the 200 hour “Yoga for the Life Spectrum” Teacher Training with Gecko Yoga, too. She teaches classes around Hong Kong Island, from private classes at home & now at the new Gecko Yoga Academy. She also volunteers and teaches for the YAMA Foundation.
Anna is passionate about introducing yoga in a fun, accessible way to young people. She is committed to helping children of all ages connect with their bodies and breath to establish nourishing practices of self-care for a happy, healthy lifestyle.
How to find Gecko Yoga Academy
If you’re looking for the Gecko Yoga Academy then please use the address below or use our interactive map. Our mailing address is below.
Tak Cheung Building,
Wing Lok St,
Sign up to our mailing list to stay up to date on what’s happening at Gecko Yoga
Join us today and change your life
Programme Participation Agreement
I understand that if I fulfil all the requirements of the Gecko Yoga Teacher Training, including in-class hours, homework, quizzes, and final exam, I will receive a certificate of completion, which can be submitted to the Yoga Alliance or a prospective employer as evidence that I have completed this programme. I understand that Gecko Yoga reserves the right to ask me to leave the programme if my behaviour is inappropriate, unethical, or in violation of the Yoga Alliance ethical guidelines. Under such circumstances I understand I will not be refunded my tuition. By participating in the services offered by Gecko Yoga Ltd., I hereby agree to the following;
- My participation may include physical movement, breathing, meditation and other related practices
- I am fully aware of the risks (including physical injury) involved and assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages which I might incur as a result of participation
- It is my responsibility to consult with a medical professional prior to and regarding my participation in the programme
- I understand that these services are not substitutes for medical attention, diagnosis or treatment, and under certain conditions, these services are not recommended
- I agree to exercise sensible caution for my own well-being, while participating under any circumstances (whether indoors or at an exterior location)
- I fully acknowledge my limitations
- Have a deep desire to learn and personally explore the deeper dimensions of yoga
- Have a minimum 12 months of regular yoga practice
- Be free of major injuries going into the programme
- Have a coachable attitude
- Be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required
- Be willing to forgo most other personal or professional commitments for the duration of the programme
- Have read the required readings prior to the beginning of the course
- I am responsible for my own personal property
- I voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Gecko Yoga Ltd., any staff, assisting staff and lecturers, sponsors of event, affiliate organisation or participating locations for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of my participation
- I forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue for any injury or death caused by my negligence or other acts
- Once the programme begins, tuition is non refundable and non-transferable
- In the case of a medical emergency, Gecko Yoga Ltd. will retain the balance without interest and the sum can be applied to retaking the teacher training programme upon recovery or used towards other programmes/trainings hosted by Gecko Yoga Ltd. If not applied within one year, all monies paid shall be forfeited
I understand that all Gecko Yoga Teacher Training materials are under copyright protection and cannot be reproduced by me without the permission of the author. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
Terms & Conditions
Please Read & Give Consent
I, individually, hereby acknowledge the following notices and grant Gecko Yoga Limited the following release…
Liability Release: I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in physical activities that may involve some risk of injury. I acknowl- edge that I have been advised to consult with my physician with respect to any past or present injury, illness, health problem or any other condition or medication that may affect my participation in the Gecko Yoga Training. I assume the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for any personal injury sustained and discharge and hold harmless Gecko Yoga Limited, its owners, directors, members, teachers, employees and agents from any claim, cause of action or liability for damages arising from any personal injury or other persons or property caused by my participation in the Gecko Yoga programme, that the foregoing shall not apply to the intentional or grossly negligent acts of Gecko Yoga Limited. Photographs and video or audio recordings: I acknowledge that I may be photographed during the Gecko Yoga Teacher Training and these photographs, which shall be owned by Gecko Yoga Limited, may appear in Gecko Yoga promotional materials unless otherwise specified. No photograph used will be identified by name, nor will any compensation be extended for such use. No recording or photographs by course attendees except by discretion of the Gecko Yoga course instructor. No video, voice or any recording allowed by course attendees. Mobile phones will be switched off during course hours.
Attendance Requirements: CHILDREN’S YOGA TRAINING – For more than three hours missed in one module the student will be required to redo the whole module at their cost in order to be certified. For those taking the 95-hour certification, up to 8 contact hours (with a maximum of three hours per module) can be made up through completing and submitting a “Self Study” for review by the Faculty. To submit a self study assignment an additional fee will apply. 200HR TRAINING – For those taking the 200-hour certification be fully committed and understand that 100% full attendance is required. If any hours are missed additional costs may be incurred for make up hours and prior agreement with Faculty.
Course Cancellation Policy: Gecko Yoga Limited reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have sufficient enrolment. Refer to refund policy on the previous page. A full refund for the teacher training will be given in the event of a course cancellation by Gecko Yoga Limited or the course hosts. Gecko Yoga Limited is not responsible for any other associated costs that the participant may have borne (airline, hotel, etc).
In the case of severe weather (T8 or above and Red/Black rainstorm or a force majeure event) sessions will be cancelled and Gecko Yoga Limited will try to facilitate a new training date on the best effort basis.
Consent details: In enrolling for this course, I agree that I will abide by the above rules and regulations.
By signing the application form, I confirm that I understand and agree to the Terms & Conditions stated here.