Learn the Essentials, Philosophy & Core Elements of Kids Yoga
February 23 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm GMT£85
Learn the Essentials, Philosophy & Core Elements of Kids Yoga at The Exeter Yoga Workshop
This is a one day focused training to introduce the aspects covered in greater detail on the Gecko Yoga 95hr Children’s Yoga teacher training. It is a taster course bringing out the essentials in order to either inspire you to go further into this specialist area of yoga teaching or as a new source of inspiration to fill your cup with new ideas to allow your exiting certifications to re-vitalised with new ideas and perspectives.
Ideal for those people who are thinking about booming a fully certified registered Children’s Yoga Teacher or those already teaching looking for a taster into the Gecko Yoga ways of leading successful, caring and well informed yoga classes for children aged 4-12yrs.
This training is taught in two sessions on the same day.
Session 1 | 10-1pm
Children & Yoga: Why Yoga Matters for our Global Society Today
In this session we will cover:
- Why yoga is wonderful with children…the many many benefits
- Philosophy of yoga with children
- Principles of teaching children yoga
- Tips for teachers – class planning routines
- Social yoga games: caring, trust and confidence-boosting ways to Play
1 hour break for lunch
Session 2: 3-5pm
Focuses on how yoga helps children find their balance in their lives
In this session we will cover
- Your role as the teacher of children’s yoga
- Traditional yoga poses adapted for children
- Breathing exercises appropriate for children
- Incorporating creative movements, YogArt & crafts, books & other yogic themes
- To meditate or visualise
Gecko Yoga is a Continuing Educational Provider for Yoga Alliance. An e-certification will be provided at the completion of the training.Book your place online today