Yoga for Schools
Gecko Yoga for Schools is a unique programme designed to get school children moving in positive and mindful ways in the classroom and beyond.
Movement provides an energetic outlet during a fairly sedentary school day and is crucial for learning.
Integrating yoga into a student’s daily school life strengthens their physical and mental wellbeing as well as enhancing their energy and concentration.
The Gecko Yoga for Schools Programme benefits teachers and students alike in a variety of ways:
- Children learn to use their bodies in joyous and creative ways
- Develops confidence, self-esteem and a positive body image in children
- Promotes a healthy and active lifestyle
- Creates a calm and harmonious classroom
- Maintains an efficient learning environment throughout the day
Upcoming Teacher Trainings › Anna's in school yoga module
Teacher Trainings Search and Views Navigation
- No matching teacher trainings listed under Anna's in school yoga module. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of teacher trainings.
The Gecko Yoga for Schools Programme is specially designed to be suitable for the classroom. Activities can be done standing beside, or sitting at students’ desks and are also in line with course curriculums and school objectives.
We teach both short and long sequences to fit seamlessly into the school day. Postures and breathing techniques can be practiced in as few as three minutes, making it easy for students and teachers to include yoga in a regular school day as needed. Combined together, postures, breathing and meditation techniques create a longer sequence for physical education classes.
What’s in a typical class?
- Yoga postures
- Brain boosting movements
- Breathing techniques
- Mindfulness activities
- Creative movement
- Yoga games
- During classes we also discuss topics such as nutrition, the power of positive thinking and developing healthy inner compassion.
Contact us to find out how we can bring Gecko Yoga for Schools to your child's school or the school in which you teach.