Use the power of yoga to help manage and improve your health and well-being with Gecko Yoga Therapy Hong Kong.
The Gecko Yoga Academy offers consultations, guided sessions and group courses that use yoga in a therapeutic setting to aid various physical and mental health issues.
Gecko Yoga Therapy
The Gecko Yoga Academy is now offering private consultations and courses, as well as group classes and therapy sessions, to help individuals work through a number of health issues, both physical and mental.
If you are suffering from chronic pain, sleep disorders or digestive problems, or mental health issues like anxiety, PTSD or depression, then you may benefit from the therapeutic application of yoga.
Join Gecko Yoga founder Jenny Smith, a qualified Yoga Therapist in Hong Kong, and learn how yoga can be used to overcome your own personal challenges.
What is yoga therapy?
Yoga Therapy uses the principles, practices, and philosophies of yoga to tackle mental, emotional and physical health issues and illnesses.
Including yoga practice and guidance, personalised life coaching and
Yoga Therapy empowers you to tackle your challenges in a safe and supportive environment with a qualified professional.
Who can benefit from yoga therapy?
Anyone looking to improve their emotional and physical well-being can benefit from working with a yoga therapist, but yoga therapy has shown especially positive results for people suffering from the following challenges:
Chronic health issues such as sleep disorders, back pain, digestive issues, scoliosis, asthma, fertility, and menstrual issues, and autoimmune diseases.
Mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, addictions, and PTSD.
What makes a Yoga Therapist different than a Yoga Teacher?
A yoga teacher is trained to guide students through classes and sequences to better their health and wellbeing in a general way.
“Gecko Yoga were among the VERY first IAYT Certified Yoga Therapists in 2016”
What happens at a yoga therapy session?
- Yoga therapy begins with an initial consultation or series of consultations to determine your specific challenges and needs.
- Your yoga therapist will get to know you and your concerns, and together you will develop a self-empowering program to teach you how to use the principals and practices of yoga to help your condition.
- Your following yoga therapy sessions will involve learning the appropriate application of your personalised program and checking up on the progress of your home practice.
- The number of follow-up sessions will depend entirely on you and your needs.
- Yoga Therapy Sessions are private, personal and supportive, plus they can be scheduled at your convenience
. Yoga therapy is also offered in group classes or courses.
Initial Consultation – $900
Yoga Therapy Session – $700